Monday 10 September 2012

Power of The TRIBE

BOLD, SHARP ECCENTRIC.... Tribal prints have arrived with a big bang.

Over the past few years I have noticed that everything around us seems more colourful, bolder, brighter and more distinctive. Tribal prints have become a prominent trend.

Designers like Donna Karen, Nkhensani Nkosi, Mara Hoffman and Paula Mendoza have been influenced by this trend when you look at their creations.

I myself have caught the tribal bug and have collected a few items over the years, and it seems I am not the only one. As I walked through the streests of Jo'burg my eyes were bombarded with everytghing tribal. It seems that tribal print have become a part of contemporary style.

Prints come with a  "LOOK AT ME" statement and boy o0h boy did I see interesting people who cary themselves with a lot of confidence and poise.... SWAGGED out people to put it in more latent terms.

One observation I could say that I made is that this is all really not new to my world... South Africans have been wearing tribal prints way before they got the APPROVAL stamp in the fashion world.





So to all South Africans who have been wearing tribal prints way to go in going a road untravelled and starting a fashion CRAZE... And welcome to those who have boarded the ship!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment